Corporate Estate Planning Altrincham
Having to consider Altrincham corporate estate planning and ultimately how to protect the future of your business is not just a case of seeing what insurance cover is available. However, when our team of Altrincham Corporate Estate Planning specialist are asked by clients about the best way of protecting their business, we express the importance of exit planning, their options for tax mitigation, different shareholder agreements, their own ownership of shares and if they were to suffer fatal illness or accident how would the business continue.
Altrincham Business Succession Planning
Our Altrincham corporate financial adviser starts with the basics
- Is there a will drafted for the owner dealing with their shares in the business? Is this up to date and does it reflect your wishes and those of your beneficiaries?
- Is the will drafted in a tax efficient manner?
- Who owns what shares?
- Are they voting shares?
- Does the companies articles and memorandum of wishes dictate the disposal of shares?
- Has the value of the business changed in the past year, if so what is the value now?
- Does any life cover for the shareholders reflect their share values?
- Is there a cross option agreement in place to dispose of the shares effectively?
Inheritance and capital gains tax
- Does the business qualify for Business Property relief? If yes, have the relevant documents been drafted to allow for this?
- Are the business assets likely to attract Capital Gains Tax (CGT) on death or disposal post death?
- Is there enough life cover in place to pay the value of the shares to the deceased estate?
- Can a Relevant Life policy be used to reduce tax payable on insurance premiums?
- Is critical and terminal illness covered in the current plans? Do you need this?
- Who will run the business if you were to become ill, or die? Are they capable? Do they want to? Do they have the knowledge and expertise to manage the business?
- Do you an Altrincham Lasting Powers of Attorney (LPA) registered for yourself? If not, who will run your affairs if you become incapable.
As you can see, there are lots of issues for you to consider. Simply have a life policy and a will may not be enough. Call the Altrincham Corporate Estate Planning specialist Assured Wealth and Estate planning Altrincham IFA today to book a FREE consultation.