Posts Tagged ‘Money’
One of life’s Top Ten worries is money, so don’t think you are on your own. Having a goal is just the start. Working out how to do some of the things you want to in life and how this will affect you in later life is complicated. That’s where we can help.
In this month’s Regular Money Management
- 36% of businesses affected by the national living wage have raised their prices.
- People who rent out property need to be aware of tax changes such as the new rules for deducting costs. 50% of mortgage holders do not currently have life cover.
- A widespread lack of faith in the state pension among the young is leading many to look at other ways of saving.
National living wage not causing job cuts
Employers have responded to the national living wage (NLW) by raising prices rather than cutting jobs.
The new NLW of £7.20 an hour was introduced on 1 April 2016 for workers aged 25 and over.
Interest rates have fallen to new record new lows, after cuts to hundreds of accounts in recent months.
Analysis for BBC News showed that many people who rely on their savings income, are worse off than ever before!
But how do you make the best of your money combatting these Low Interest Rates.
Our Knutsford IFA can guide you through this minefield.
In this month’s managing your money Altrincham, we take a look at:
- A new personal savings allowance will allow individuals to earn up to £1,000 a year in interest tax-free.
The 10% dividend tax credit has been replaced by a £5,000 annual allowance.
- The eligibility criteria for the new state pension could mean that thousands of people are not eligible for the full amount.
A new lifetime ISA.
When it comes to having the money to have our ideal Christmas present, sometimes our aspirations are a little out of reach. If your Christmas day end’s up like the one below, then you need to get your spouse/partner to ask the question “Do we need a Financial Planner this for Christmas?“
If your ideal Christmas day present looks like this:
But your’s end’s up looking more like this:
Ask yourself, what went wrong? Did you:
- Set a budget to spend this year?
- Could you afford those gifts?
- Did you have a savings plan from January 2015?
- Did you pay off debts and loans and left yourself short this Christmas?
- Is your credit card debt getting out of control?
It’s difficult to talk through money with a partner, but once you talk to our team of advisers, we will have you talking about joint life goals before you know it. Once you have these in place, it’s easier to work towards them and aligning your income and savings to meet those goals. It may not be a new car or home, it may simply be having the money to have a great holiday together next year. Simply talking about your goals takes away the difficult things around money.
Book a FREE review today with an independent adviser at Assured Wealth. Our advisers will meet you at a time and place to suit you. We will ask questions designed to get you thinking differently about your future.